Saturday, October 9, 2010

Garlic


Our newest addition is the garlic bed. After this year success with garlic we wanted to try a few different kinds, so I got a variety pack that has a little over two pounds of garlic in it. I made a bed of mushroom compost and wheat straw mixed with the tilled dirt for the bed and after we plant it all we will give them a little top coating of more compost to feed on through the winter.

The outhouse is almost done just needs one more coat of paint on the outside.



More photos to come...

1 comment:

Donna said...

I found your site! Love it. I used my green tomatoes for tomolives, and two wonderful jams. One was a blueberry green tomato jam to can. The other was a green tomato freezer jam made with jello. Both excellent. The tomolives are wonderful, too!